Thursday 2 May 2013

Maleficent hope...

So I woke up this morning to a very fascinating and interesting dream lingering in my head... and a little disturbing I might say. I dreamed about hope and the loss of it. my dream explained to me that hope is not necessarily such a great thing. Though I can't remember the exact setting of the dream I remember there was something with regards to an orphanage there.

But then I thought about it. Hope is the experience or the feeling that things will turn out for the better. So, thus the believe that everything will happen the way that it is supposed to. However, in my experience that is not always the case. Life is not fair and life does not give to us what we are suppose to receive even though we have earned it.

Hope creates dreams and aspirations within is from a predisposed notion that something good will happen to us.

But here I state my question... What happens when that something good does not happen to us?

Take for example the job that would have changed my life should I have gotten it. I was sad and disappointed and crushed to the ground. My dreams and aspirations that I had became null, and as a result I spend the rest of that incredibly disheartening day shoving junk food in my mouth. So in effect hope resulted in a negative aftermath.

Conclusively... is it healthy to hope for the best? Since it so happens that hoping can end up with you shoving junk food down your throat and a big ass which doesn't fit into your favourite jeans anymore...


No comments:

Post a Comment